Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Revised Fourth Edition
After weeks of hunting, I am pleased to present to you the complete electronic version of the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Revised Fourth Edition, as supplied by the U.S. Department of Labor as ASCII files on 34 floppy disks. This electronic version contains data published in the following print volumes:
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Revised Fourth Edition, Vol. I
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Revised Fourth Edition, Vol II
- Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles
Data published in these volumes are in the public domain and may be reproduced and distributed without source credit. This version also includes data never published in print. These data, in the following fields, remain under copyright to the North Carolina Occupational Analysis Field Center:
- Work Fields
- MPSMS (Materials, Products, Subject Matter, & Services)
- Significant Worker Functions
- Environmental Conditions
- Physical Demands (except Strength)
These data may be reproduced and distributed only with source credit.
The Department of Labor has abandoned the Dictionary in favor of O*NET. The Social Security Administration, however, still relies on the Dictionary for work characteristics and transferable skills analysis in administering the disability insurance and supplemental security disability income programs under the Social Security Act (20 C.F.R. §§404.1566(d) and 416.966(d); SSR 00-4p).
(5,082,753 bytes, md5: 72c11d10fca87b03974ec050ee57febe)